- Faculty of Engineering Sciences
- Teaching department
- UCL School of Management
- Credit value
- Module is only available to students on the MSci Management Science year 4, Leuven affiliates
Alternative credit options
There are no alternative credit options available for this module.
The context for the Management Science Group Consultancy Project module is management in complex, innovation-intensive, data-driven environments.
Students carry out a group consultancy project with an external organisation. It is expected that the project will explore a significant issue faced by an organisation operating in a complex, innovation-intensive, data-driven environment and involve analysis using a range of quantitative tools and quantitative methods.
Students will be expected to draw on the full range of knowledge and skills they have developed during the Management Science MSci programme, and demonstrate their ability to integrate this knowledge and apply it in novel situations.
Students receive support in the form of workshops and team/individual meetings with their allocated Project Director/Supervisor.
The aims of the Group Consultancy Project module are:
- To provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate their in-depth knowledge and understanding of management science and how it can be applied in practice.
- To provide students with an opportunity to work as part of a small team tackling an important business issue facing an external organisation.
Module deliveries for 2020/21 academic year
Intended teaching term: Academic year (terms 1, 2, and 3) Undergraduate (FHEQ Level 7)
Teaching and assessment
- Mode of study
- Methods of assessment
40% Consultancy Project Portfolio (Group) (12,000 words)60% Consultancy Project Reflection Report (Individual) (5,000 words)
- Mark scheme
- Numeric Marks
- Number of students on module in previous year
- Module leader
- Professor Stephen Todd
- Who to contact for more information
This module description was last updated on 5th March 2020.