Information for presenters 2023
The poster size for the moderated poster sessions should be A1 (594 x 841 mm) in landscape or portrait
(Note that the posterboards are landscape and 2m in width)
An A1-sized poster can be created from the A0 template available online. If you have a A0 Portrait poster you can do the following
- Download the template from UCL Imagestore
- Open the file in PowerPoint
- Go to File > Page Setup
- In the pop up box change the size for a portrait poster to
- Width 59.4cm
- Height 84.1cm
- Click OK
- It asks: You are converting to a smaller slide size. Do you want to scale content down?
- Click Scale
Printing Services at UCL
UCL offer a poster printing service. Details can be found in the link below
Moderated poster sessions
Poster presenters will be issued with their poster number and location 2 weeks before the retreat.
Presenters will also be issued with the time of their moderated poster session. This will either take place within the first coffee break or during the lunch break. Presenters must stay by their posters during their presentation session and wait for their judges.
Posters will be assessed for:
- Visual Presentation and Style
- Quality of Scientific Content
- Scientific and/or Clinical importance
- Oral Presentation and response to questions
Poster presentations should be timed for 7 minutes (5 minutes presentation and 2 minutes questions)
On the Day
Presenters should ensure that they attach their posters to their posterboards first thing in the morning on 11th May during the registration. Vecro will be provided to attach the posters.
We have 3 rooms at the Marriott Hotel for posters :
- Trinidad Room on the ground floor next to the conference room
- Barbados Room on the ground floor next to the conference room
- Gallery (downstairs from the conference room)