Each year we accept a small number of students from other UK medical schools who wish to join our MBPhD programme. These students must complete 3 years of UG medicine at UCL and so must enter year 4 of our MBBS programme before starting their PhD and returning to MBBS years 5 and 6. Students must secure a place for both the MBBS and the PhD components in the application round held in the year before they’re due to start year 4.
Please note that current medical student numbers mean that we are no longer able to consider applications from students who wish to transfer to UCL to complete their UG medicine degree.
To be eligible to transfer to the MBPhD programme, applicants must:
- satisfy our academic entry requirements for undergraduate medicine
- have completed 2 years of an equivalent 5 year undergraduate medical degree programme at a publically-funded medical school in the UK;
- achieve a 2:1 in an intercalated BSc or fulfil the entry requirements for graduate students
- be eligible to continue at their own medical school
We regret that we are currently unable to accept applications from students who are following accelerated graduate entry programmes, programmes that are run in collaboration with UK medical schools at overseas campuses, or students at private medical schools.
The application process is currently under review and details will be published as soon as available.
- MBBS Programme
- MBPhD Programme
- Fees: Transfer students are admitted as continuing students rather than as new entrants and existing fee status applies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish further clarification, making clear that your query relates to transfer entry into Year 4 of UCL’s MBBS programme.
- Accommodation: Transfer students are eligible to apply for student accommodation as new entrants to UCL.