A free virtual event for teachers and advisers from schools and college in England supporting their student through the medical school application process.
For the first time all five London medical schools have come together with the Medical Schools Council and Health Education England to deliver a free virtual conference for teachers and careers advisers who support students through the medicine application process.
The conference aims to:
- Explain the different aspects of the medicine application process including admissions tests, work experience, personal statements and interviews and how best to prepare your students
- Provide insights from admissions tutors from all five London medical schools on what they are looking for from candidates
- Give delegates the chance to speak to current medical students about their experiences
- Equip delegates with the knowledge and resources to support their students to make successful applications
Delegates will have the opportunity to submit questions to the team ahead of the event via the booking form.
Event Date: Tuesday 29th march 2022
Time: 09:15 - 13:30
There is a limited number of spaces so we encourage you to book your place early.
This event is open to teachers and advisers from state schools in England only. Places will be prioritised for teachers and advisers who meet the eligibility criteria outlined on our flyer. After registration we will contact you to confirm your place at the event.
The Conference Team
- University College London
- Imperial College London
- Kings College London
- Queen Mary, University of London
- St George's, University of London
Welcome to UCL Medical School
Introduction to London's 5 Medical Schools
Session 1: The start of the journey - thinking about becoming a doctor
This session will cover:
Session 2: Choosing Medicine - things to consider
This session will involve breakout rooms covering:
Session 3: Ask Admissions Q&A
Session 4: The medical student perspective - top tips and Q&A
|13:15||Reflections, key take aways and details of our next session|
Follow up events
Delegates will be invited to attend two further interactive ‘twilight’ sessions designed to explore relevant areas in more depth. Subject areas are TBC but are likely to cover:
- Alternatives to medicine – allied health and medical science options
- Admissions staff and medical student Q&A
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org