Come along to our seminars on medical education. This annual series of events provides a forum for colleagues to share and learn about current research in medical education. Seminars are FREE to attend and open to all.
To be kept updated by email on all future Medical School events please subscribe to our mailing list by emailing email@example.com.
Upcoming 2018-19 Evening Seminars:
- 27th Sept 2018: Dr Lewis Paton, Research Fellow, University of York
Differential academic attainment between home and international medical graduates: do the differences really matter?
- 18th Oct 2018:Prof Chris McManus, Professor of Psychology and Medical Education, UCL & Oliver Devine, MB-PhD student, UCL
How do medical schools differ in their teaching and does it matter?
- 27th Nov 2018: Dr John Launer, Author of “Narrative-Based Practice in Health and Social Care”
Conversations inviting change: applying narrative medicine to everyday encounters in health care
31st Jan 2019: Dr Paul Tiffin, Reader in Psychometric Epidemiology and NIHR Career Development Fellow, University of York
Book tickets for this event
28th March 2019: Prof Martin Marshall, Managing Director, London Social Enterprise for Health Improvement, UCL
- 18th June 2019: Dr Daisy Fancourt, Senior Research Associate, Institute of Epidemiology & Health, UCL
1 July 2015 - London BEME International Collaborating Centre (BICC) launch.
Presentations from 2013-2014 seminars can be found below:
- Dr Julia Roncoroni - Patient-Centred Culturally Sensitive Healthcare Delivery
- Dr Catherine O'Keeffe - Stigma and Healthcare Professionals Accessing Care
- Dr Melvyn Jones - A systematic review of the literature on the impact of an Intercalated BSc on medical student performance and careers
- Dr Stephen Billet - Integrated practice-based experiences within medical education programs
- Elisa G. Lewis - The mental health and wellbeing of professional students: a comparative study
Presentations from 2012-2013 seminars can be found below:
- Dr Viv Cook - Learning through experience
- Dr Rosie Belcher - "I'm only a student" Medical students' ethical dilemmas
- Dr Scott Rice - Practicing professionalism in an age of digital social networking
Presentations from 2011-2012 seminars can be found below:
- Dr Katherine Woolf - Social Networks
- Dr Anita Berlin - Conceptions of leadership and learning
- Gareth Frith - Mobile learning – supporting students in Workplace-based Practice