The mQMEC reports to the MBBS Teaching Committee, the Dean, the Faculty Undergraduate Teaching Committee of Brain Sciences, Life Sciences, Population Health Sciences and Medical Sciences. The Medical School Quality Management & Enhancement Committee (mQMEC) is responsible for the overview of academic standards and quality assurance and enhancement processes within the Medical School and in the development of policy and practice in relation to such processes.
Function of mQMEC
- To promote the development of initiatives relating to quality enhancement and the enhancement of academic standards at Faculty and Departmental levels.
- Responsible for the planning of the preparatory work involved for Internal Quality Audits of the Medical School carries out under the auspices of University College London’s Internal Quality Review procedure.
- To plan and coordinate the work of the Medical School in preparing the formal or informal visits by the education committees of the General Medical Council or other validating professional bodies.
- Promote discussion and sharing of good practice between trusts and the departments of the Medical School in relation to quality assurance and enhancement.
- To discuss and address any issues raised by the on-line student evaluation feedback.
- To monitor the activities of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and of other external bodies concerned with the assurance of quality and/or standards insofar as they impinge on the Medical School and to advise the Dean, the Education Committee and the Faculty Boards accordingly.
The Medical School’s Quality Management and Enhancement Committee (mQMEC) is chaired by Dr Ann Griffin (Academic Lead, Quality). For details of meetings, agendas and minutes, please visit the Medical School’s Committee pages: mQMEC committee documents
Meeting Dates 2017-18
Wednesday 1st November 2017, 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Bloomsbury
Wednesday 17th January 2018, 1.00pm - 4.00pm. Bloomsbury (Extended)
Wednesday 23rd May 2018, 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Bloomsbury