This three-year programme offers an excellent education in a thriving field of science and engineering and prepares you for a wide variety of careers, including medical physics.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
- Waves, Optics and Acoustics (PHAS0005)
- Thermal Physics and the Properties of Matter (PHAS0006)
- Practical Physics and Computing 1 (PHAS0007)
- Atoms, Stars and the Universe (PHAS0004)
- Mathematical Methods I (PHAS0002)
- Mathematical Methods II (PHAS0009)
- Classical Mechanics (PHAS0010)
- Introduction to Medical Imaging (MPHY0001)
- Developing Effective Communication 1 (PHAS0017)
All modules in Year 1 are compulsory.
- Electricity and Magnetism (PHAS0021)
- Quantum Physics (PHAS0022)
- Atomic and Molecular Physics (PHAS0023)
- Statistical Physics of Matter (PHAS0024)
- Mathematical Methods III (PHAS0025)
- Practical Physics 2A (PHAS0028)
- Introduction to Biophysics (MPHY0006)
- Physics of the Human Body (MPHY0005)
- Developing Effective Communication 2 (PHAS0035)
All modules in Year 2 are compulsory.
- Research Project in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (MPHY0012)
- 3 Options from Physics and Astronomy (see below)
- 3 Options from Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (see below)
Physics and Astronomy options:
- Electromagnetic Theory (PHAS0038)
- Nuclear and Particle Physics (PHAS0040)
- Solid State Physics (PHAS0041)
- Quantum Mechanics (PHAS0042)
Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering Options:
- Applications of Biomedical Engineering (MPHY0039)
- Computing in Medicine (MPHY0020)
- Medical Electronics and Neural Engineering (MPHY0037)
- Medical Imaging with Ionising Radiation (MPHY0016)
- MRI and Biomedical Optics (MPHY0019)
- Physiological Monitoring (MPHY0015)
- Treatment with Ionising Radiation (MPHY0038)
- Biomedical Ultrasound (MPHY0018)
Our BSc and MSci programmes are accredited by the Institute of Physics.