The Medical Modelling Group at UCL encompasses a team of applied mathematicians, engineers and clinicians working on a variety of medical problems, principally by developing models of disease to guide clinical intervention.
Dr Nick Ovenden BSc PhD
Department of Mathematics, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT.
Mr Neil Kitchen MD FRCS (SN)
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG.
Professor Frank T. Smith MA DPhil FRS
Department of Mathematics, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Professor Guo Xiong Wu MSc PhD
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
For more information about the group's research, please select one the options in the left-hand menu. Alternatively, contact one of the members of the steering committee above.
Current members belong to:
- Centre for Computational Science (UCL Chemistry)
- Department of Computer Science/CMIC
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering
- The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Institute of Urology and Nephrology
- Royal Free Hospital - UCL Institute for Liver and Digestive Health
The group is also affliated to the Centre for Mathematics and Physics in the Life Sciences and Experimental Biology (CoMPLEX).