We offer a completely tailored approach to curriculum development that is based upon your needs.
Whether you are looking to design your own medical programme for the first time or transform your medical education to world-class standards, we are here to listen and then to work together to help you to achieve your goals.
Why choose UCL CIMEC?
We have extensive experience of working with organisations, governments and key regulator bodies in a broad range of countries, so we will ensure that your curriculum is relevant and meaningful to the community in which it operates. The UCL Medical School was founded in 1834. We constantly update our curriculum based on latest research and practice, and this expertise informs our education consultancy services.
What we offer
Our curriculum planning services include:
- Market research. We investigate what stakeholders and potential students want.
- Educational aims. We help you establish the outcomes for your graduates.
- Regulatory needs. We investigate what your curriculum must include.
- Cultural needs. We ensure your curriculum is suitable and serving for its community.
- Getting approval. We assist with national and institutional applications.
Our curriculum development services include:
- Design stage. We get the right experts at the right time to shape your curriculum.
- Source technology. We recommend the IT requirements to fulfil your needs.
- Assessment. We establish defensible and valid assessment systems.
- Quality. We design quality management systems that establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Handover. We ensure you are fully prepared to take independent ownership, so you're ready to build on the successes we achieve together and progress.
Our work with Umm Al-Qura University (UQU), Saudi Arabia
Over the course of a five-year partnership, we helped UQU redevelop their MBBS programme, and we supervised and supported the rollout of the new programme.
A renewed medical curriculum that meets unique cultural tradition
As UQU is in the holy city of Mecca, it holds a unique context in the heart of the Islamic world. We helped the university reflect the significance of this context through its medical curriculum.
Before the collaboration, UQU did not have a structure or planned programme for its students to become engaged with the traditions of Hajj and 'Umrah.
We helped the institution develop a specific vertical module which runs throughout the curriculum to ensure students become engaged with these traditions.
This has helped the institution to recognise its context and to represent its location in the holy city of Mecca.
We did our homework. Clearly, UCL is one of the top-ranking universities in the world. The medical college has a distinguished MBBS programme, and we were looking for the best for our school. Our alliance with UCL is very flexible, very supportive and very accommodative of our needs and requests.
Professor Hani Almoallim
Mashaal Al-Zaidi Chair of Research in Rheumatic Diseases, UQU
Get in touch to discuss your needs
We are keen to hear from you and to work together to help you solve your medical education requirements.
Please send us an email to get started.