International Students

Mathematics knows no national boundaries. That is why each year we are pleased to welcome students, both undergraduate and graduate, from every part of the world.

General Information

UCL produces several brochures and leaflets specifically for international students.

Scholarships for international (non UK/EU) students

The College also has a number of scholarships for international (non UK/EU) students Details of all these can be obtained from the UCL's Scholarship webpages.

Undergraduate Preparatory Certificates

International students of high academic ability, but whose high school qualifications are not considered by UCL for entry onto an undergraduate degree, should consider applying for a UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate (UPC). These are high-quality one-year undergraduate foundation courses, run by UCL, which aim to help such students gain access to degree programmes at UCL and other leading British universities across a broad range of subject areas.

These courses are not intended for students who have taken, or are taking, A levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma, or another qualification which UCL considers for entry onto an undergraduate degree.

Further details can be obtained from:
The Centre for Languages & International Education, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7679 8664; Fax: +44(0) 20 7916 8512; E-mail: upc AT ucl.ac.uk

Tier 4 Visa

Due to UK Immigration Rule changes which occurred on 6 April 2016 and 24 November 2016, restrictions have been placed on Tier 4 students who wish to change programmes during their studies at UCL.

These changes affect those Tier 4 students who wish to change to a lower level qualification. If you obtained a Tier 4 visa to study on the MSci programme and wish to change to the BSc, you will be required to apply for a new Tier 4 visa from outside the UK before you will be permitted to change programme.

Please note that if you are required to apply for a new visa from outside the UK, it is likely that you will be asked to attend a credibility interview where a Home Office member of staff will ask you about your programme, where you want to study and your reasons for studying in the UK.

Tier 4 visa holders are permitted to extend their Tier 4 visa in the UK if they require additional leave in order to move from the lower level to the higher level of an integrated Masters programme, i.e. if you hold a visa to study on the BSc programme and wish to change to the MSci programme, you will be eligible to submit a visa extension application from within the UK.

If you have any questions about the UK Visas and Immigration rules, please email visacompliance@ucl.ac.uk.