Research in the Faculty of Mathematical & Physical Sciences is coordinated by the Faculty Research Board.
The Board exists to:
- Advise the Dean and Vice-Dean (Research) and develop a strategic view of the Faculty’s current research priorities and future opportunities, taking account of the University’s Research Strategy.
- Promote the Faculty’s research excellence and its profile internally and externally.
- Review and support the Faculty’s contribution to cross-Faculty activities and interact with the wider College with respect to general initiatives (including equipment bids).
- Provide strategy and organisation for the preparation of institutional and government assessments of research.
- Act as the planning Committee for the Faculty and to work with the Departments to identify and support the most appropriate portfolio of research within the Faculty
- Develop and implement policies in relation to any research budget held at Faculty level, including optimising the overhead recovery rate.
- Advise on the Research Festival and Colloquium series.
- Each Department will have one representative on the RB, who will be appointed by the HoD and report to him/her.
Appointment to the board is for 2 years, with the possibility of extension for 2 additional years.
The board is chaired by the Vice-Dean (Research), and it meets once per Term. Research Board meetings are also attended by the BEAMS research facilitators.
|Dean of Faculty||Ivan Parkinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Earth Sciences||John Brodholtemail@example.com|
|London Centre for Nanotechnology||Andrew Fisherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Statistical Science||Serge Guillasemail@example.com|
|Physics and Astronomy||Dr David Cassidyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Space and Climate Physics||Professor Mark Cropperemail@example.com|
|Space and Climate Physics||Professor Lucie Greenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|BEAMS Research Facilitation Team||Dr Jennifer Hazeltonemail@example.com|