Find out about how to apply for any current Visiting Fellowship Schemes in MAPS and BEAMS.
MAPS Visiting Fellowship Scheme
Following a successful first year, we are pleased to continue the MAPS Visiting Fellowship Scheme.
This year the MAPS faculty would like to offer several Visiting Fellowships to those who intend to engage, study and research in UCL, specifically related to the Departments in the MAPS Faculty. Our Visiting Fellowship scheme aims to enrich our research culture, develop and promote links with other universities and scholars and allow those within MAPS to learn and work with scholars outside UCL.
- Applications must be made by UCL staff, acting as a host.
- The visitor must be a senior academic scholar or those employed in business, government, NGOs or similar who wish to pursue their collaborative research with UCL staff. At this stage, we cannot accept applications for PhD or Postdoctoral students.
- In line with UCL’s Grand Challenges initiative, UCL hosts can nominate visitors from international institutions who will provide global engagement and broad reach impact. Unfortunately, we will not accept applications for visitors from within the UK.
- The minimum length of stay will normally be one month. Shorter and longer visits will be considered.
We recommend that visits are completed by 31st July 2023. For any visits, that would like to take place after 31st July 2023, the funding must be claimed before 31st July. Therefore, we recommend paying for as much of the travel and living expenses before the deadline. Please see the guidelines for more information.
What the Fellowship Offers
- The Fellowship will support the living and travel expenses with a supplement of up to £3,000.
To apply, please read through the full guidelines and submit the application form, found below to the MAPS PA to the Vice-Deans email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 13th March 5pm.
*To note, we hope to continue with a new Visiting Fellowships call in 2023/2024, if the above timescale does not work for you or your visitor. This will be advertised in December 2023.
BEAMS School Research Office Fellowships
The Faculty encourages individuals seeking postdoctoral and early career research fellowships, through the BEAMS school research facilitators.
A full list of fellowships that the BEAMS school supports is available from the BEAMS School Research Facilitators website (pdf, UCL password required).