Your gift in action
- Jeremy prepares for Xtreme Everest expedition
- Innovation at the Institute of Making
- Louise's story - Impact Studentship
- Two ‘Lucky Dogs’: From a five minute film to a four month adventure
- Alumni giving supports rising sports stars
- Celebrating student support
- Hosting our first Paralympic Sports Taster Day thanks to your support!
- Redevelopment of Lewis's Building supported by alumni and friends
- Galton's Kantsaywhere
- Helping to rebuild Haiti
- Grant Museum of Zoology becomes 21st century ‘museum laboratory’
- UCL Laws mooting teams able to attend prestigious competitions
- Alumni and friends help UCL research healthier cities
- UCL alumni: the lifeline that helped me reach my potential
- Supporting women's health and international development in Malawi
- Helping communities in Peru to construct their future
- UCL alumni and friends raising the bar
- New uses for old spaces
- "I am so grateful"
- Enhancing the student experience
- Help a student with financial concerns
Redevelopment of Lewis's Building supported by alumni and friends
17 January 2012
UCL President & Provost Malcolm Grant officially opened the new Students’ Union building, which was in part made possible by a number of generous alumni and friends supporting the major renovation of the old Lewis’s Building on the corner of Gower Street and Gordon Place.
The new facilities opened in the summer of 2011 include a rehearsal room, dance studio, pub, café, entertainment venue and staff offices.
The new-look building is part of the university's overall strategy to open up space,
improve the approach to UCL and to continue to provide students with world-class
facilities. UCL is committed to creating an excellent student experience across all
areas in UCL life and this includes outstanding
Students’ Union facilities in order to meet the needs of future generations of
students and staff.
Alumni from all around the world helped to make this exciting redevelopment possible, with over £1.2 million raised from a number of generous donors.
Commenting on the generous support from UCL alumni, Lori Manders, Director of Development and Alumni Relations said, "We had a wonderful response from alumni and friends to this project which clearly demonstrates the support of the wider UCL family and their shared commitment to constantly enhancing the student experience. Many of those who have supported the project were actively involved in UCL Union societies and activities during their time at UCL, and will be delighted to see student life flourish in the new facilities."