#MadeAtUCL is a campaign which aims to bring to life UCL’s impact on people, lives and communities mainly through our ground-breaking research and discoveries.
The UCL community nominated hundreds of stories about the everyday ways that UCL’s work has been touching lives whether through health, technology, culture, environment, community, justice & equality. These stories underwent a selection process involving staff and members of the public.
Stories shortlisted as part of this campaign demonstrate how they:
- Improved the everyday lives of people in ways that the general public can relate to
- Caused a step change in a particular area of life, or are significant
- Are future-focused or technologically innovative
- Resonate with people’s lived experiences
- Generate feelings of intrigue, wonder and surprise
The shortlisted stories are available from this website.
What you can do to participate:
Voting is now closed - From 16 September to 6 December 2019, visitors had the opportunity to vote on their favourite stories. Please note voting is now closed and the top voted stories will be revealed in the New Year, so watch this space!
However, you can still get involved as shown below:
> Listen to a special podcast series produced by UCL graduates and academics, as well as podcasts from the #MadeAtUCL Marquee event at the It’s All Academic Festival - available on SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Acast.
> Stay up-to-date by signing-up to our UCL Minds mailing list of public events, lectures, performances, exhibitions, podcasts and activities.
> Like your favourite stories.
> Share on social media.
> The campaign will culminate in a celebratory event where star stories will be revealed. Look out for more in the new year!
- UCL was founded in 1826 to open higher education to students from a wider range of backgrounds and to change the way we create and share knowledge.
- We were the first in England to welcome women to university education and that courageous attitude and disruptive spirit is still alive today.
- We are a diverse community with the freedom to challenge, think differently and make an impact in the world beyond our campus.
- We provide a supportive environment where academic insight and pioneering thinking can thrive, deepening knowledge and developing solutions to global problems.
- We have a progressive and integrated approach to teaching and research – championing innovation, creativity and cross-disciplinary working.
- We teach our students how to think, not what to think, and see them as partners, collaborators and contributors.
- We are ranked eighth in the world and are amongst a handful of institutions rated as having the strongest academic reputation and the broadest citation impact across disciplines.