We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact Margaret Turner to register your interest.
This three-day programme will challenge your thinking about the leadership of professional learning within your school.
It'll help you to evaluate the impact of professional development (PD) on teacher effectiveness and student outcomes, and suggest ways in which you can adapt your practice.
You'll explore four key questions:
- PD leadership: Whose role is it?
- Eﬀective PD: What works?
- Organisational change: How is PD supported?
- Impact of PD: How do we know it is making a diﬀerence?
The course is grounded in the latest research into effective professional development.
This programme is run by the London Centre for Leadership in Learning (LCLL) at UCL Institute of Education (IOE).
Course structure and teaching
You'll take part in the days of face-to-face sessions.
You'll learn through:
- accessing the latest research into innovative PD
- examining case studies of eﬀective models of organisational change
- exploring an innovative approach to evaluating the impact of PD
- collaborating with other colleagues to share eﬀective practice
The topics covered in each session will include:
Session 1 – PD Leadership – Whose role is it?
- Who leads PD in your organisation?
- How is PD leadership distributed?
- What is your role in developing the leadership of PD across your organisation?
Session 2 – Effective PD, What works?
- What does the latest research tell us about effective PD?
- How do we make sure we share and improve teacher practice?
- How can we develop our own understanding of effective PD?
Session 3 – Organisational Change – How is PD supported so that it makes a difference
- How can you link PD to improvements in student outcomes?
- How do we know if PD is having any impact?
- How do you identify and nurture talent in your organisation?
- How can you harness potential through coaching?
Who the course is for
This course is for experienced professional development leaders, those new to the role, or those aspiring to professional development leadership.
It suitable for those working in a school, a local authority, or a school network.
You'll receive a certificate of completion.
Course information last modified: 15 Aug 2018, 11:22