We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact London Centre for Leadership in Learning to register your interest.
This course is designed to develop middle and senior-level school leaders' expertise in 'lesson study'.
It allows schools to train a core group of practitioners to use a set of tools to lead and evaluate the lesson study process with other teachers.
It will enable them to lead and manage effective lesson study projects within and across schools ensuring strong and sustained impact on pupil attainment.
You'll be taught by curriculum experts from the London Centre for Leadership in Learning (LCLL) at UCL Institute of Education (IOE).
Who this course is for
The course is relevant for:
- specialist leaders of education
- lead practitioners
- school leaders working within or across schools to improve learning
Throughout the training you'll be introduced to a range of tools that will help you to:
- manage each stage of the lesson study process
- support teachers to focus on target children and areas of priority
- evaluate impact and refine the process
- retain fidelity to the lesson study model while adapting it to the needs of the teachers you support
- develop the lesson study leadership skills of other practitioners in your settings
The programme runs over an academic year, during which you'll work with a group of practitioners in your own setting to develop your skills as leaders of lesson study.
You'll engage in three days of face-to-face sessions.
You'll have access to materials and online tools to support you in your leadership of lesson study and the evaluation of impact.
- impact frameworks to support teachers in planning for impact
- lesson study leader handbooks to guide lead teachers through each stage of the lesson study process
- a set of questionnaires for teachers engaged in the process to provide qualitative evidence of impact
By the end of the course, you should have:
- understood the lesson study process and its potential to impact on pupil outcome
- enhanced your leadership skills, knowledge and understanding in relation to the leadership of lesson study
- developed a model of impact-focused collaborative professional development
- familiarised yourself with a set of lesson study impact tools and their use in shaping effective professional development for teachers
- gained confidence to lead lesson study groups within and across schools and to develop leadership skills for lesson study in others
Course information last modified: 26 Oct 2018, 09:52