We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact Marjorie Kelly to register your interest.
This five-day course is for clinicians who want to introduce implant restoration to their dental practice. It takes place over two months.
It will give you an overview of current thinking in the field of implant diagnosis, planning, restoration and maintenance.
The hands-on elements of this course will give you an understanding of the various restorative phases in implant treatment for simple cases.
This course serves as an excellent step towards further clinical postgraduate training in implant dentistry.
The course is run by the UCL Eastman Dental Institute in London which has a broad range of continuing professional development (CPD) short courses. These provide hands-on training from experienced staff in dedicated facilities.
Aims of the course
The course aims to:
- provide you with the knowledge to select and plan straightforward implant cases
- give you the scientific basis and understanding for implant planning and treatment
- provide a framework for a repeatable system of diagnosis, planning and treatment of simple cases, as well as acquiring future skills and knowledge
Content and structure
The course is structured as follows.
- Patient selection
- Fundamentals of implant treatment planning
- Case planning
- Case work up and stents
- Fixture level impressions
- Fixture placement and impression (hands-on)
- Basic occlusion
- Implant occlusion
- Screw vs cement / linking teeth
- Prosthetic design
- Principles of aesthetics in implant prosthodontics
- Abutment design and fit
- Hands-on provisional restorations
- Medico-legal aspects of implant dentistry
- Maintenance / trouble shooting
- To save or extract teeth?
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- diagnose and plan a simple implant case
- understand the hands-on skills required for implant prosthodontics for a simple case
- have a foundation for acquiring future clinical skills and knowledge
Who this course is for
The course is for clinicians.
You'll need to hold an approved dental qualification.
Teaching methods and dates
You'll have a mixture of lectures, seminars and a hands-on workshop.
Each day will run from approximately 9:30am to 5pm.
CPD points and certificate
You'll gain 32.5 hours of verifiable CPD and a certificate of attendance on completing the course.
There's no formal assessment.
All Eastman teachers are experienced professionals. You’ll be asked to submit written feedback via a questionnaire at the end of the course, which is used to monitor the course's quality of teaching and value for money.
Please read the Eastman's refunds policy before booking.
Sign up for short course announcements: Subscribe to the UCL Life Learning newsletter to receive news and updates on courses in your chosen area. (For updates on a specific course, contact the administrator - see 'Contact information'.)
Pareet (BDS [Hons], MFDS RCSEd, MClinDent, MRD RCSEd) is a specialist in prosthodontics. He graduated with distinction from King’s Dental Institute in 1999.
Since then he's worked in a variety of dental practice, hospital and university positions, gaining postgraduate qualifications. Pareet then undertook specialist training in prosthodontics at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute (EDI) and was awarded a distinction in his Master’s degree, as well as the UCL Dental School Prize in Prosthodontics. He's also carried out research and published articles in the British Dental Journal.
Currently, he divides his time between teaching implant courses at the EDI and private specialist practice in Tring, Hertfordshire and Harrow, London. He has advanced expertise in all forms of tooth restoration and replacement including implants, crowns and bridges. This includes over 10 years of implant experience with a 99% success rate of treatment.
Course information last modified: 13 Feb 2017, 12:59