Biomedicine and Health
- Cancer Research UK: Data Sharing Guidelines
- Medical Research Council (MRC): Guidance on Sharing of Research Data from Population and Patient Studies
- National Institutes of Health (NIH): Data Sharing Policy and Implementation Guidance
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's Data Access Principles: Frequently Asked Questions
- DFID Research Open and Enhanced Access Policy
- Pharmaceutical companies' policies on access to trial data, results, and methods: audit study. Note publication data (2017). The summary of policies may not be up-to-date.
- DICOM - Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine. An international standard for medical images and related information.
- Dryad Metadata Application Profile. The application profile is based on the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative Abstract Model and is used to describe multi-disciplinary data underlying peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature.
- FAIRsharing.org. A searchable portal of inter-related data standards in the life, environmental and biomedical sciences.
- ISA-Tools. These tools enable description of metadata in life science, environmental and biomedical experiments.
- ISO/IEC 11179, Information Technology - Metadata registries (MDR). An international standard for exchange of data in a heterogeneous environment.
- PATRIC (Pathosystems Resource Integration Center) - Genome Metadata. A descriptive data about single genomes.
- PDBx/mmCIF Dictionary Resources. Standards used by the Worldwide Protein Data Bank (wwPDB).