Getting started with UCL Library Services
25 September 2020
Discover our libraries for all your study and research needs, in person or online.
New to UCL? Wondering how to get started with using the library?
- Online induction: This is your essential guide to getting started with using the library. You’ll find out about:
- accessing and using library resources;
- searching for books, articles and more in Explore;
- accessing course readings through your online reading list;
- using our libraries and spaces;
- training and support available to help you use the library and library resources effectively.
- Welcome to UCL Support Services: Join Library Services together with other support services from across UCL in this live online event on Tuesday 29 September. Book your place through the Welcome to UCL! app.
- Planning on coming to campus and want to use the library? Our libraries have been opening up in line with government guidance:
- Opening times: these may be subject to change so check our website for the latest.
- Book a study space: you must book a space in advance of your visit.
- Click and collect service: to obtain any library books, you must use the click and collect service. But remember we have lots of books online too, available through Explore, our online catalogue.
- Library essentials for students and staff 2020-21: Want to know more? This guide will give you all the details.