We are happy to supply material to other libraries. We accept requests by mail, email (preferred method of receipt) or fax.
UCL Library Services is comprised of numerous libraries, please use our Explore service to check availability and holdings and for which UCL Library Site holds the item.
For items held in the Bartlett, Cruciform, Institute of Archaeology, Main, and Science Libraries, plus Special Collections (Little Magazines) and Stores items please see the Interlending & Document Supply Office contact details on the right side of screen (scroll down if on a mobile device).
The BL Directory of Library Codes for other libraries are listed below.
UK & Ireland ILL Requests
Your ILL request should include full details of the item required, your BLDSC Billing Account Number and your ILL request number. Payment is charged at the current British Library rate. We do not charge for renewals.
Outside UK ILL Requests
We accept IFLA vouchers as payment for international requests. Please supply full details of the item required and we will reply if able to supply and number of vouchers required.
Material that we do not lend
- Short loan (e.g. 1 week/2 week/Overnight/Teaching Collection/LaSS Test material)
- Reference items
- Fragile/early material (pre-1900)
- Periodicals parts or bound volumes
- Special Collections material
- Items on loan cannot be recalled/reserved for other libraries
- Being classified /In cataloguing / In processing
Within copyright restrictions, we will provide by post copies of material on the understanding that it is for non-commercial research or private study.
Conditions of loan
- Items are loaned for up to 6 weeks
- Loans can be renewed (maximum 3 renewals allowed)
- All loans are subject to recall
- Automatic courtesy and overdue notices are sent via email for loans
For items held in the Bartlett, Cruciform, Institute of Archaeology, Main, and Science Libraries, plus SFX, Special Collections (Little Magazines) and Stores items please see the Interlending & Document Supply Office contact details in the right-hand menu.
The BL Directory of Library Codes for other libraries are as follows: