Details on the many online newspapers to which UCL subscribes, and how UCL staff and students can find and access them.
Thousands of current newspapers from around the world can be accessed via Nexis, and via the International Newsstream in ProQuest News & Newspapers. UK broadsheets etc. can be searched via the "News" tab in Lexis Library, and we subscribe directly to FT.com.
For earlier news sources we have access to:
- The Illustrated London News 1842-2003.
- The Times Digital Archive 1785-2013.
- 17th-18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers.
- British Library Newspapers.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive, 1896-2004.
- Financial Times Historical Archive, 1888-2010.
- Telegraph Historical Archive, 1855-2016.
These are all available via Gale Primary Sources.
The Guardian/Observer Archive is available via Proquest Historical Newspapers along with a number of American newspapers and other international titles including:-
- The Atlanta Constitution 1868-1945.
- Baltimore Sun, The 1837-1986.
- Boston Globe 1872 - 1979.
- Chicago Defender 1910-1975.
- Chicago Tribune 1849-1988.
- The Christian Science Monitor 1908-1998.
- Hartford Courant 1764-1986.
- The Korea Times 1956 - 2016.
- Le Monde 1944 - 2000.
- Los Angeles Times 1881-1988.
- The New York Times 1851-2008.
- New York Tribune 1841-1922.
- San Francisco Chronicle 1865-1922.
- South China Morning Post 1903 - 2001.
- The Times of India 1838 - 2010.
- The Wall Street Journal 1889-1994.
- The Washington Post 1877-1995.
We also have access to a number of collections via Readex including:-
- African American Newspapers, Series 1, 1827-1998.
- African American Newspapers, Series 2, 1835-1956.
- African Newspapers : The British Library Collection.
- Caribbean newspapers, 1718-1876.
- Latin American newspapers, series 1 : 1805-1922.
- Latin American newspapers, series 2 : 1805-1922.
Civil War: Antebellum to Reconstruction features more than 150 newspapers from all regions of the United States.
Welsh newspapers 1804-1919 are freely available from the National Library of Wales.
Australian newspapers and more are available in Trove.
The British Library's Newsroom has access to additional content and can offer further specialist advice.