Effective database searching: PubMed (Location: Cruciform Hub)
09 May 2019, 10:00 am–11:00 am
PubMed is the freely available online interface to search MEDLINE and it is one of the premier sources of bibliographic information on primary medical literature.
This event is free.
UCL Cruciform Hub
Cruciform Hub Small Cluster B.1.15BCruciform BuildingGower StreetLondonWC1E 6BTUnited Kingdom
Location: Cruciform Hub. This 1-hour session aims to give you the ability to carry out a literature search on PubMed effectively and find articles and evidence to help answer your research questions.
- Run an effective literature search independently
- Understand what MeSH terms are and why they are used
- Understand the importance of the ‘Search Details’ box
- Filter out evidence based literature
- Print, save and email your references
- Save your search
- Take advantage of all features of the PubMed site
This course is open to UCLH NHS staff as well as UCL students and staff in a biomedical discipline who are primarily based across UCL's Bloomsbury campus.