Summer building work at UCL Bartlett Library
19 July 2018
From early August until early September, building work will be taking place to improve the reception area of the UCL Bartlett Library.
The library will remain open throughout the building work, but access will be through a temporary entrance to the right of the usual library door.
All library material will be available and library staff will be on hand to help, but there may be some noise disruption and changes to some of our usual services. Please see our FAQs below for more detailed information.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
- What are the dates of the building work?
The building work will start on Thursday 2nd August, and is expected to be completed in early September.
- Will the library be open during the building work?
The library will be open as usual. However, please note that there might be some noise disruption at times.
- What will the opening hours be?
We will be keeping our usual opening times:
- Monday – Friday: 09:00 - 20:00
- Saturday: 11:00 - 18:00
- Sunday: Closed
- Will the library look different during the building work?
Access to the library will be from the side corridor. The temporary library help desk will be located in the current PCs alcove.
- Will borrowing and returning be available?
We will offer the same borrowing and returning service as usual. We will have both a staffed desk and a self-service point. Also, the book bin will be in its usual location in room G01.
- Will the library catalogue terminals be available?
There will be a library Explore terminal in the collection room next to the temporary help desk.
- Will the MFDs be available for printing/photocopying?
There won’t be an MFD available in the library during the building work. You can find MFDs for printing and photocopying on the lower ground floor of Central House and on each floor of the building.
- Will the Desktop PCs be available?
Our two Desktop PCs won’t be available during the building work, since the temporary help desk will be located in that area. You can use the computers in the cluster rooms downstairs as usual.
- Will the laptop loan service be available?
- Will the Bartlett Library bookable room be available?
Our bookable room won’t be available for the duration of the building work. You can book rooms in other UCL libraries as usual.
- Will the library toilets be accessible?
They won’t be. You can find toilets on the floor below and on each floor of the building.
- Will the hot/cold water tap and the kitchen sink be accessible?
The library kitchen area won’t be accessible. You can have access to drinking water and to kitchen facilities on the floor below and on each floor of the building.
- Where else can I study?
Information on all UCL’s libraries and study spaces is available on our website.
- How can I contact the library for more information?
We can be contacted through our usual email and telephone number:
- Tel: 020 3108 9666 (internal: x 59666)
- Email: email@example.com
And you are very welcome to come and talk to us at the help desk as usual!