Links to announcements about UCL's preparations for GDPR.
- UCL Provost, Michael Arthur's message update on UCL GDPR online training (07 November 2018)
- UCL Provost, Michael Arthur's message regarding All staff GDPR online training: Launch (05 September 2018)
- UCL Provost, Michael Arthur's message regarding Data Protection Legislation training for all UCL staff (23 August 2018)
- Professor Graham Hart - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): Update (22 February 2018)
- UCL Provost, Michael Arthur's message in the Week@UCL
What the Programme team has introduced so far:
- New: Guidance for researchers on appropriate safeguards under GDPA (2016) and DPA (2018)
- New: Guidance for supervisors on data protection where students are processing personal data
- New: UCL general research participant privacy notice
- New: guidance note on transfering personal data outside the EEA
- Updated Subject Access Request form
- Accessible version of the GDPR Online Training
- New Privacy Notice for prospective students
- UCL GDPR Online Training
- Updated FAQs
- Publication of a staff briefing pack.
- Launched UCL’s Data Protection Impact Assessment and guidance.
- Roll out of the GDPR sceening survey (compliance survey) to a cross section of departments and faculties (designed to capture information about data collection, processing and storage practices which will provide a baseline understanding of the risk of non-compliance with GDPR).
- Assess the legal basis for processing data and publish our interpretation of GDPR.
Over the coming weeks and months, the programme team will introduce:
- Reviewing and amending high-risk processing contracts.
- Guidance notice on consent forms, and marketing & PECR.
- Deliver new GDPR information security and information governance training.