Built 1st Jan 1810
Dry dock, built by John Blackett c. 1810.
1787 - 1861
Enslaved boy on Unity Valley Pen, Jamaica. Manumitted in 1795 by David Barclay and removed to Philadelphia, with 29 other freed persons from the estate, where he was placed under the care of Society for Improving the Condition of Free Blacks.
Visit the people of interest section
The Buff Bay plantation was a sugar estate next to the Buff Bay River, south of Charlestown in Jamaica. By 1839, the estate was 840 acres.
Visit the document of interest section
© Copyright Legacies of British Slavery - UCL Department of History 2022