Isle of Dogs (Middlesex)
Milligan was a prime mover in the development of the West India Docks. A statue of him commissioned by the West India Docks Co. and designed by Richard Westmacott was unveiled in 1813 and stands outside the Museum of London in Docklands.
'The West India Docks: Historical development', Survey of London Vols. 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs, ed. Hermione Hobhouse (London, 1994), pp. 248-268, http://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vols43-4/pp248-268 [accessed 23/02/2016].