West Wycombe (Buckinghamshire)
"The lavishly decorated Palladian villa and exquisite, tranquil landscape garden – featuring temples, lake and streams – were created by the infamous 2nd Baronet, Sir Francis Dashwood, founder of the Dilettanti Society and Hellfire Club. It is still home to the Dashwood family today." Owned by the National Trust. http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/west-wycombe-park-and-village (from which the photo is taken).
For description and images of both the exterior and interior go to:
For images of the estate see also:
[Part of the Lacey Green Walks website:
Palladian villa built in the early C18th. Widely considered to be one of the finest extant English example of Palladian architecture. Sir George Henry Dashwood "loved" West Wycombe Park and moved in after his wedding in 1823. "He succeeded to the title of 5th Baronet on 22 October 1849 and shortly after embarked on a campaign of refurbishment of West Wycombe which had scarcely been touched since the death of Sir Francis, 2nd Bt."