Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1806
Claimant or beneficiary
Resident slave-owner in Jamaica, with inside and outside families.
- Will of George Napier of Clarendon Jamaica [made in 1806] proved 27/04/1807. In his will he left his all his property in trust for 15 years, after which it was to be delivered to his sons George Napier merchant of Glasgow and Peter Napier of Clarendon. He charged it [or the accumulations from the estate, the will is unclear] with £2000 to his niece Grace Townshend of York, £500 to his nephew William Callander, and £2000 currency each to his three natural sons George, John and Peter Napier, and £300 currency to his natural daughter Susanna and £200 currency to her son Daniel O'Hara.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1809 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Previous owner