Sophia Beata Gilson
Profile & Legacies Summary
1794 - 10th Apr 1866
Claimant or beneficiary
Sophia Beata Gilson appears with Martha Craston as attorney and assignee for the awardee Francis Bickley. Sophia Beata Gilson herself was the signatory at the National Debt Office for the compensation. Her relationship to Francis Bickley is not yet known.
- In 1841 Sophia Gilson aged 45 born Chelmsford was living at Great Baddow, a schoolmistress, 'Lady's Boarding School', with Charlotte Gilson (40), Jane Gilson (40) and Ellen Gilson (35). In 1861 she is shown as head of household at 'Yews' in Great Baddow aged 67 fundholder with sister Ellen aged 55. Death of Sophia B. Gilson registered Chelmsford Q2 1866 aged 72. Will of Sophia Beata Gibson spinster late of Great Baddow who died 10/04/1866 proved 21/06/1866, effects under £7000.
T71/894 Trinidad No. 1464.
- 1841 census online (her age is mistranscribed as 25 on www.ancestry.com); 1861 census online (where her name is mistranscribed as Sophia Benta Gilson); FreeUKGen, England and Wales Free BMD Database, Deaths, 1837-1983 [database online].
Wealth at death
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1834 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Assignee
Great Baddow, Essex, South-east England, England