Profile & Legacies Summary
Claimant or beneficiary
Slave-owner in British Guiana, at one stage a large-scale owner but by the time of compensation apparently in decline.
- Vere Langford Oliver shows separately (1) Rev. H. Hutson [who] is Rector of St Lucy Barbados [i.e. c. 1927] and (2) Henry Hutson as owner in 1825 of Spring Hall with 216 'slaves' and Spring Garden with 100.
- Vere Langford Oliver, More Monumental Inscriptions: Tombstones of the British West indies p. 224.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1817 [EA] - 1817 [LA] → Owner
1826 [EA] - 1826 [LA] → Joint owner