Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1848
Claimant or beneficiary
Resident slave-owner in Jamaica. Described as "of colour" in the 1817 Westmoreland Slave Register.
- Will of Thomas Drummond of Westmoreland Jamaica [made in 1847] proved 14/04/1848. The will is difficult to read, but he left the interest on his holdings of British stocks and a further £3000 to his 'only acknowledged' daughter Mary Elizabeth Drummond, falling whom to Charles Braine senior. The will was proved in London by Mary Elizabeth Drummond.
T71/178 pp. 188-189.
- PROB 11/2073/27.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1810 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Owner
1823 [EA] - 1825 [LA] → Executor