Profile & Legacies Summary
Claimant or beneficiary
- Tentatively identified as the Mr Twyford who preceded Benjamin McMahon as overseer of Stirling Castle estate in St Thomas-in-the-Vale in 1830. According to McMahon, Twyford was a "drunken worthless vagabond" who treated slaves with unparallelled barbarity.
- Benjamin McMahon, Jamaica Plantership: Eighteen Years Employed in the Planting Line in that Island (1839) pp. 81.
We are grateful to Siddharth Singh Ahlawat for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1830 [EY] → Overseer