Profile & Legacies Summary
Merchant of Barbados, probably proprietor of Oxnards.
- Edward Oxnard married Agnes [no surname given] at St Michael Barbados 01/10/1719. The couple had a daughter, also named Agnes, baptised 18/09/1725, and a son, named Edward, baptised 29/01/1729, both at St Michael, Barbados.
Ira and Larry Goldberg Auctioneers sold a 'Slave Bill of Lading - Boston' dated 07/078/1832 in Sale No. 38 Lot No. 501 for the ship Merrimack, Barbados to Salem, showing John Batt and Edward Oxnard shipping goods including 'Seven Negro Boys and One Negro Girl.'
- Barbados Marriages, Vol I, 1643-1800; Section: St James Parish, Source Information: Ancestry.com. Caribbean, English Settlers in Barbados, 1637-1800 [database on-line]; Barbados Baptisms, 1637-1800; Section: St Michael Parish, ibid.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
Tentatively inferred by LBS.