Robert Gordon of Kingsgate Kent
Profile & Legacies Summary
1737 - 1768
Son of Hon. William Gordon (q.v.) and father of Thomas Gordon of Middleton Court (q.v.).
- Will of Robert Gordon [heretofore of Kingsgate Kent but now] of Ghent in Flanders [made in 1766] proved 06/07/1768. He left £1000 to his wife Charlotte and £500 to her daughter by her first marriage Charlotte Terrill. He left his property in Britain and Jamaica, including 'negro servants' [sic] in trust to his brothers William and Thomas Gordon and William Bond of the City of London, to raise £6000 for his daughters Susanna and Rebecca Gordon, with the estates to pass to his son Thomas. He left instructions for new enslaved people to be purchased to replace those who died or became infirm.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1774 [EA] - 1774 [LA] → Joint owner
Shown as joint owner in 1774 although his will had been proved in 1768.
Kingsgate, Kent, South-east England, England