Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1769
Owner of Bowen Hall in Vere, Jamaica.
- Francis Bowen of Vere, Esquire. Estate probated in Jamaica in 1769. Slave-ownership at probate: 64 of whom 32 were listed as male and 32 as female. 11 were listed as boys, girls or children. Total value of estate at probate: £7833.61 Jamaican currency of which £3560 currency was the value of enslaved people. Estate valuation included £50 currency cash, £0 currency debts and £0 currency plate.
- Trevor Burnard, Database of Jamaican inventories, 1674-1784.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1769 [LA] → Owner