James Inglis of Jamaica
Profile & Legacies Summary
1774 - 5th Nov 1815
Probably the sam man as the slave-factor, partner in Shaw & Inglis & Holt.
- WALTHAMSTOW, CO. ESSEX. In the west portion of the churchyard, on a stone altar-tomb within rusty iron railing. On the south face:- Adjoining this Tomb are interred the Remains of JAMES INGLIS Esqre late of Kingston in Jamaica who died the 5th of November 1815. Aged 41 Years. On the north face:- Rebecca Second Wife of JOHN INGLIS of this Parish and of Mark Lane London Merchant Died 5th September 1818 Aged 49 Years Deeply Lamented Also the Body of Mary Helen Inglis Daughter of John B. Inglis Esqr who died 2nd Feby 1820 aged 5 months.
- Caribbeana Vol. V, p. 198.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1819 [EA] - 1819 [LA] → Previous owner