Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1817
Absentee slave-owner, part-owner of Rose Hall estate in Jamaica, and son of Sir James Esdaile (1715-1793).
- Will of Peter Esdaile of Upminster Essex proved 27/11/1817. Under the will, made in 1807, he left to his wife Frances for life his property, including his interest in the Rose Hall estate and his interest in the London Tavern, as well as other property in Bunhill Row in the City of London and elsewhere in Britain. In a codicil of 1817 he added the real estate he had bought at Corbets Tey in Upminster to his legacy to his wife.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1817 [LA] → Joint owner
Upminster, Essex, South-east England, England