John Hamilton of Pemberton Valley
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1739
Brother of Robert Hamilton of Bourtreehill (q.v.), shown to have died in 1739 on a journey to Scotland.
- The will of John Hamilton merchant of Jamaica made in 1743 and proved in 1747 [PROB 11/754/123] must be different man. Although this man also had a son named John and a brother named Robert, the will's date precludes it being John Hamilton of Pemberton Valley if the accepted date of death of John Hamilton of Pemberton Valley is correct. The will makes no reference to property in enslaved people: the legacies are monetary.
Married but no further details
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1734 [EA] - 1743 [LA] → Joint owner