Elizabeth Barrett Dewar (née Plummer)
Profile & Legacies Summary
1792 - 20th Feb 1823
Widow of Robert Dewar, daughter of William Plummer and Green Barrett Plummer nee Waite. At Muirbank near Glasgow when she wrote her will on 11/02/1823. Died 20/02/1823 in Glasgow.
- Will of Elizabeth Barrett Plummer, otherwise Dewar, spouse of Edinburgh Mid Lothian proved 12/03/1839. The will was written in 1823 and describes her trustee William Dewar as a merchant in Glasgow.
- PROB 11/1908; R.A. Barrett, The Barretts of Jamaica: the family of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (Winfield, Kansas, Armstrong Browning Library of Baylor University; The Browning Society; Wedgestone Press, 2000) pp. 109 & 176. It is not clear why the probate of Elizabeth Barrett Plummer's will was so long delayed.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1829 [EA] - → Previous owner
Muirbank, Rutherglen, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland, Scotland