Profile & Legacies Summary
Executor and legatee of Shadrack Scarlett, owner of Woodlands estate in St Ann, Jamaica, in the mid-1820s.
- Possibly the Charles Scarlett named in the will of Charles Scarlett of St Ann (written in 1809 and proved in 1817), in which case born 08/09/1807 and baptised 1808 in Trelawny.
- Familysearch.org, Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 [database online]; will of Charles Scarlett, PROB 11/1595/73. See separate entry for Charles Scarlett of St Ann for a transcription of his will.
We are grateful to Rita Lamb for her assistance with this entry.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1823 [EA] - 1826 [LA] → Executor
1829 [EA] - → Legatee