Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1823
Apparently a returned Jamaica slave-owner. He bought Marchwiel Hall in Denbighshire from Mrs Lucy Browne, the widow of Charles Browne (q.v.) in 1801 for £7000.
- Will of Samuel Riley of Marchwiel Hall Denbighshire [made in 1823] proved 09/03/1824. He left £1000 in trust for the children of Mary Haslam wife of Samuel Holter Haslam of Bury. He left his estates and enslaved people, his estate at Hornby [?] Yorkshire and his Marchwiel Hall to Thomas Parker of Astle (q.v.) in Cheshire.
Y Cymmrodor Vol. XIV (1901) p. 70.
- PROB 11/1683/98
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1778 [EA] - 1823 [LA] → Owner
Marchwiel Hall, Denbighshire, North Wales, Wales