Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 15th Oct 1851
Claimant or beneficiary
Owner of Brucefield and Thatchfield pens in St Elizabeth from at least 1817 to 1839 (in partnership with Alexander Bruce in the earlier years).
- John Bruce of St Elizabeth married 12/01/1818 at Linton Janet, daughter of the late John Cunningham, Dirle[ton]. Death [in 1851] of 14 Danube Street, Edinburgh, John Bruce Esquire late of Brucefield, Jamaica. The John Bruce who married Louisa Channer at Brucefield 20/05/1838 was presumably a different man, possibly a son.
See almanac entries for Brucefield.
- Edinburgh Magazine, Vol. 81 (1818); Familysearch.org, Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 [database online]; Edinburgh Evening Courant 21/10/1851.
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1825 [EA] - 1839 [LA] → Owner
1817 [EA] - 1823 [LA] → Joint owner
14 Danube Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian (Edinburgh), Central Scotland, Scotland