West India merchant (Colonial - Caribbean)
John Gladstone and Grant, formed with new articles 1812 as a separate house trading to the West Indies and Brazil, was reformed 01/01/1819 with the advent of John Wilson (formerly in Demerara) as the third partner. Gladstone put in £120,000, Grant £18,000 and Wilson £15,000: profits were split 3/5th; 1/5th; 1/5th.
Dissolution of co-partnership of John Gladstone, George Grant, and John Wilson under the name of Gladstone, Grant and Wilson at Liverpool 31/08/1829, merchants, counting house at Union-square. [The new partnership embraced John Gladstone, George Grant and Robertson Gladstone, with capital of £100,000 from John Gladstone and £20,00 each from the other two, with profits split 5/7ths; 1/7th;1/7th).
Dissolution of partnership of George Grant, Robertson Gladstone and Archibald Kelso as merchants at Liverpool under the firm of Gladstone & Co.
Checkland, The Gladstone pp. 120-121.
London Gazette 18608 04/09/1829 p. 1652; Checkland The Gladstones p. 180.
London Gazette 21882 9/5/1856 p. 1737