- LLB (Hons) (Queen's University, Belfast) (2004), LLM (distinction) (University of Durham) (2006)
- PhD candidate
Terry joined the Judicial Institute in September 2017 as a PhD Candidate. Under the supervision of Professor Thomas he is researching the office of coroner and its role in the administration of justice. His research is supported by a UCL Faculty of Laws Research Scholarship.
Prior to starting his PhD Terry was in private practice as a barrister for six years. He specialised in criminal defence, inquests and civil claims against the police. He is an associate member of Garden Court Chambers. Terry was a senior researcher at the House of Commons Library from 2015 to 2021. On 1 March 2021 Terry was appointed as legal advisor to the Master of the Rolls.
Areas of Expertise
Coroners And Inquests, Judicial Decision-making
UCL Associations/Academic & Professional Memberships
- Associate member, Garden Court Chambers
- Bar of England and Wales
- 2009 - 2015: Barrister in private practice, Bar of England and Wales
- 2015 - February 2021: Senior researcher at House of Commons Library
- March 2021 - present: Legal advisor to the Master of the Rolls
- The Confiscation Manual