Dr Alessandro Spano
Faculty of Laws
- Joined UCL
- 1st Jul 2009
- Chinese law with particular focus on Chinese competition law, the investment activities of Chinese State-owned enterprises and EU-China Relations.
- International trade and investment law
- EU law
- EU law (ESPS0005/6): Convenor
- Principles of Public International Law (ESPS0007/8): Convenor
- Law and Governance in Contemporary China (ESPS0009): Convenor
- Cyberlaw and Governance of Digital Markets (ESPS0010): Convenor
- EISPS Dissertation (ESPS0029): Convenor
- International Trade Law (LAWS0255): Lecturer
- Carriage of Goods by Sea – (LAWS0241): Lecturer
Other academic roles:
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) - EISPS Department
- Departmental Research Ethics Panel - EISPS Department
- Deputy Chief Examiner for the Carriage of Goods by Sea and International Trade Law modules on the University of London International Programme.
Dr Alessandro Spano holds a PhD in law (KCL), an MA in Advanced European Studies (College of Europe, Natolin) and a degree in law (Paris X Nanterre).
Dr Spano is a Lecturer at the Faculty of Laws. He is a member of the Centre for Commercial law and of the Centre for Law and Governance in Europe. He holds a joint appointment between the Faculty of Laws and the European & International Social & Political Studies (EISPS) Department. He is the Academic and Teaching Convenor for the Law Modules at EISPS.
Dr Spano is also a Fellow at the Centre of European Law at King's College London and a Fellow at the Asian Institute of International Financial Law at the University of Hong Kong.
From 2009 to 2012, he was a Research Fellow at the School of Law of King’s College London. In April 2009, he was awarded with the European Commission’s EU-China Science and Technology Fellowship Programme. In this respect, he did research in academic institutions in mainland China and Hong Kong in the areas of WTO Law, Competition Law and Chinese Law. From 2009 to 2011, he was Research Fellow at the School of Law of the Tsinghua University of Beijing.
King’s College London
Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 2013
King’s College London
Other higher degree, Master of Philosophy | 2006
College of Europe, Natolin
Master in Advanced European Studies | 2004
Paris X Nanterre University
Maîtrise (four-year law degree) | 2003