UCL Laws People
LLB (AUTH); LLM (Commercial and Corporate Law, QMUL) Ph.D. (QMUL)
Georgina Tsagas joined UCL as a Postdoctoral Associate in September 2013. Dr. Georgina Tsagas received her Ph.D. from Queen Mary University of London having been awarded a Full Scholarship by QMUL School of Law (2009-2012) to conduct her doctoral research. She obtained her Law Degree from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece and received her LLM in Commercial and Corporate Law from QMUL with Distinction (Rank: 3rd place out of 370 students).
She is dually qualified as a lawyer in Greece (2009) and as a Solicitor of England & Wales (2012). She completed her professional legal training in Greece and has provided consultancy on matters covering tort claims, planning permissions and private company formation. Parallel to her doctoral research she lectured on the Company Law, EU Financial Law and EU Securities Regulation modules at postgraduate level at QMUL and taught on the Contract Law module at undergraduate level at BPP Law School.
Dr. Tsagas has conducted research on projects addressing the reform of the legal framework on insider trading at EU Level, the reform of corporate law and corporate governance in the Middle East and the update of the new edition of ‘Hicks & Goo’s Cases and Materials on Company Law’ (2011, OUP). As a member of the research group ‘Companies, markets, society and the environment’, founded at Oslo University, Norway, she has undertaken research and drafted proposals for reform of aspects of European company law addressing the potential impact of companies on society and the environment.
Georgina’s research interests include corporate law, securities regulation and corporate governance.
Her current research projects involve a review and critical analysis of the 2011 changes to the City Code on Takeovers & Mergers post the Kraft/Cadbury takeover and a critical assessment of the rationale and efficacy of selected rules of the EU Takeover Directive.
- G. Tsagas, ‘Tug of war between an open market for corporate control and a long-term vision for UK Firms: Reconsidering target directors’ advisory role post the takeover of Cadbury’s plc’, Journal of Corporate Law Studies, forthcoming, 2014
- G. Tsagas, ‘The Revision of the EU Takeover Directive in light of the 2011 UK Takeover Law Reform’ (2013) 10(1) International and Comparative Company Law Journal 21, paper available on SSRN http://ssrn.com/abstract=2098938
- G. Tsagas, ‘Reflecting on the value of CSR post the takeover of Cadbury’s plc by Kraft Foods Inc: Implications for the revision of the EU Takeover Directive’ (2012) 9(2) European Company Law Journal 70, paper available on SSRN http://ssrn.com/abstract=2083451
- G. Tsagas, ‘EU Takeover Regulation: one size can’t fit all’, (2011) 4(1) International Journal of Private Law 171, paper available on SSRN http://ssrn.com/abstract=1922295
- University of Oslo, Norway, ‘Sustainable Companies: We Make it Happen’ Conference, December 2013, Paper Presentation entitled ‘The Delphic Oracle for the EU Takeover Directive: A closer look at the UK Debate', presentation available on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaPHzAAbVWE
- GOODCORP Meeting, Brussels, September 2013, Presentation on the UK Case entitled ‘The 2011 UK Code Amendments and Employees’ Rights: Enhanced Rights for Employees?’
- University of Oslo, Norway, ‘The Reform of the Takeover Directive’ conference, June 2012, Paper Presentation entitled ‘Critical Assessment of Selected Rules of the Takeover Directive in the Market and Sustainable Development Perspective’
- Oxford Law & Finance Workshop, UCL, London, March 2012, Paper Presentation entitled ‘Tug of War between an open market for corporate control and a long-term vision for UK Firms: Reconsidering target directors’ advisory role post the takeover of Cadbury’s plc.’
- Society of Legal Scholars Annual Conference, Cambridge, September 2011, ‘Law in Politics, Politics in Law’ Paper Presentation entitled ‘All companies are equal, but somecompanies are more equal than others. An ominous fate for the 13th Directive on Takeover Bids’
Comparative Corporate Governance
Cross Border Mergers & Acquisitions
This page last modified 7 February, 2014 by Laws Webmaster