These two week intensive language courses (35 hours over 10 days) are designed to give participants the opportunity to develop their foreign language and culture skills in a professional context.
Course dates and times
Monday 02 July 2018 - Friday 13 July 2018
Monday to Friday 09:00-13:00 (with a 30-minute break)
Monday to Friday 13:00-17:00 (with a 30-minute break)
Languages and levels
- Arabic - beginners and intermediate
- French - beginners and intermediate
- German - beginners and intermediate
- Italian - beginners and interemediate
- Japanese - beginners and intermediate
- Mandarin - beginners and intermediate
- Spanish - beginners and intermediate
- British Sign Language (BSL) - beginners
All CLIE College Teaching Fellows are native speakers, highly qualified and experienced in teaching their own language as a foreign language.
These courses are open to all aged 18 or over.
- £330 for UCL students
- £430 for UCL alumni and UCL staff
- £620 for external applicants
Participants are also expected to spend 2-3 hours each day doing self-study to reinforce and practice what was learned in class. CLIE contains a fully equipped Self-Access Centre which is open from 08:00 to 21:00 Monday to Thursday (19.00 Friday) and 10:00-16:45 on Saturday. Facilities include resource books, journals and newspapers, and online, DVD, audio- and video-cassette library, CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning), satellite television, an audio language laboratory and interactive video equipment.
Participants may be required to purchase course material (e.g. textbook, workbook).
On completion of the course we can provide a Certificate of Participation (this will be sent to the address you provide on the application form).