CLIE Language Modules 2019-2020
The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) offers a range of 15 and 30 credit modules (7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- form part of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes.
- are open to all current University of London undergraduates and graduates.
Modules available include:
- Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish 15 and 30 credit modules (7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- three English for Academic Purposes 15 credit modules (7.5 ECTS).
- two BSL (British Sign Language) 15 credit modules (7.5 ECTS).
- Modern foreign language modules
- Seven levels from complete beginners (level 1) to advanced (level 4) and post-A level (levels 5, 6 and 7). We also offer French for Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at an intermediate level. Currently Arabic is available at levels 1 to 5, Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4 and Portuguese is available at levels 1 to 5.
- Most levels are available as either 15 or 30 credits (7.5 or 15 ECTS respectively). A 15-credit module covers one level; a 30-credit module covers two levels. A 30-credit module is therefore more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material
- MFL modules.
- English for Academic Purposes modules
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes - 15 credits.
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers - 15 credits.
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers - 15 credits.
- British Sign Language module
- British Sign Language Level 1 [LCBS0001] - 15 credits.
- British Sign Language Level 2 [LCBS0002] - 15 credits.
Much of this site is restricted to current UCL staff and students. For access you will require a valid UCL Information Services Division computer account and password.