The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) offers a range of 15 and 30 credit modules (7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- form part of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes.
- are open to all current University of London undergraduates and graduates.
Modules available include:
- Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese and Spanish 15 and 30 credit modules (7.5 and 15 ECTS respectively).
- 3 English for Academic Purposes 15 credit modules (7.5 ECTS).
- a BSL (British Sign Language) 15 credit module (7.5 ECTS).
- Modern foreign language modules
- Seven levels from complete beginners (level 1) to advanced (level 4) and post-A level (levels 5, 6 and 7). We also offer French for Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at an intermediate level. Currently Arabic is available at levels 1 to 5, Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4 and Portuguese is available at levels 1 to 5.
- Most levels are available as either 15 or 30 credits (7.5 or 15 ECTS respectively). A 15-credit module covers one level; a 30-credit module covers two levels. A 30-credit module is therefore more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material
- MFL modules.
- English for Academic Purposes modules
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes - 15 credits.
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers - 15 credits.
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers - 15 credits.
- British Sign Language module
- BSL (British Sign Language) - Introduction [LCBS0001] - 15 credits. This course teaches the basics of British Sign Language and the British deaf community.
Much of this site is restricted to current UCL staff and students. For access you will require a valid UCL Information Services Division computer account and password.