UCL Pre-sessional English Courses: application now open
20 December 2021
You can now apply for the 2022 Pre-sessional English Courses.
Application for the UCL Pre-sessional English Courses - offered by the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education - is now open for 2022 entry.
- prepare international students for a UCL degree (both graduate and undergraduate).
- are available for both conditional and unconditional UCL degree offer holders.
- provides you with an English language qualification which is accepted as fulfilling UCL’s English language entry requirements.
Four course lengths
We will be offering four pre-sessional course lengths in 2022:
- 16 weeks: starting 5 May 2022
- 11 weeks: starting 6 June 2022
- 8 weeks: starting 27 June 2022
- 6 weeks: starting 11 July 2022
All Pre-sessional courses finish on 26 August 2022. The start date reflects the extra time needed for enrolment and orientation. You must arrive on the start date in order to complete enrolment.
The course length you choose will depend on your current level of English and conditions of your UCL degree (graduate or undergraduate).
Progression in 2021
97% of CLIE Pre-sessional English students progressed to a UCL degree programme after successfully passing the Pre-sessional course in 2021.
How to apply
Applications can be made online through our website.
Courses fill up fast, so make sure you apply as soon as possible to secure your place.
Please visit our website for full details on the entry requirements and application process.